Monday, June 5, 2023

5/29 - 6/4

It was a light week of training but a heavy one of racing. Since Monday was Memorial Day, all I got done was a little swimming. I totalled 2,725 yards in the little pool. Why the little pool? With the State Games swim meet coming up, I needed to do some backstroke.

Tuesday I started back to work, but not before I went to the big pool and swam 2,700 meters. Later that day, I went to Plate City for my only upper body workout of the week. While there, I shuffled 1.53 miles on the treadmill and cycle 12:00  minutes on the Concept 2.

I was back in the big pool Wednesday morning for 2,000 meters. At the City, I worked legs and did 4:15 on the bike erg. 

I went back inside Thursday for my last practice of the week. I was a little late getting in so I was a little early getting out. I only swam 600 yards.

Friday was travel day, and Saturday was the State Games swim meet. I raced the 100, 200, and 400 free along with the 50 and 100 back. In addition to that, I got to participate in four relay races. It was fun. I had some success, and Penny enjoyed herself. What's not to like? With my warmups, I swam 2,000 meters that day.

For the week, I

  ran - 1.53 miles !!!!!!
  swam - 9,938 meters,
  lifted weights - two times !!!!!!, and
  bike ergged 16:15

That was a major fall off in running and lifting. Maybe I can pick it back up this week. I also need to hit the water hard. Pool Fools is in two weeks which really gives me only one week to train and one week to taper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment