Tuesday, June 20, 2023

6/12 - 6/18

My Pool Fools week was filled with more cycling than anything else. Forrest, God bless him, has me back on the road, on my bicycle. Monday, we did 19.1 miles. That was my first ride of the year and not a bad one. That morning I swam 2,500 meters in the big pool at Twin Rivers.


Tuesday, I did my only shuffle of the week, a weak 1.2 on the treadmill. Yeah, it was a Plate City day. I did full upper body and the bike erg for 8:00 minutes. I also swam for 1,600 meters that morning.

Wednesday I cut the swim to 1,350 yards. Forrest and I rode that afternoon for 18.22 miles. Thursday I swam 1,100 yards, taught my class, spoke at Kiwanis/Lions, and rode with Forrest for 22.0 miles.

Friday I pretty much stayed in bed all day. No swimming, no running, no lifting, and no cycling. Lots of coffee drinking, Facebook, and YouTube.

Dr. Charles "Bubba" Nause swimming his
two miles in the indoor pool.

Saturday was Pool Fools, and I declare it a success. We had six swimmers. Their distances were:

  .75
  1,000 meters
  1.5
  2.0
  5.0
  7.0

I am thankful and proud of them all. Gloria swam .5 in the little pool, then added two down and backs in the big pool. She also took lots of photos, and hung out with my family. You might remember that she and her husband George took care of me like a little baby during the Great Geezer Run. I will always be grateful for what she did for me.

My swimming went like this. I started with Alaina, and we swam:

  1,000
  1,000
  1,700
  1,100 
  2 X 50 all of that was with Alaina. 

Alone, I swam:

  300 looking for money
  1,200
  1,800

Then I thought to start the pace clock and finish my remaining 3,000 with 100s on 3:00. I was hurting and my mind was weary. When I stopped at the wall, Alaina asked my how I was doing. I told her my plans to finish with 100s and added, "I wish you would swim them with me."

Her response was, "Okay. Let me get my goggles." So we swam:

  30 X 100 @ 3:00

I was thankful and remain grateful for her help.

Alaina and I between sets at Pool Fools

For the week, I

  lifted weights one time,
  cycled 59.32 miles,
  bike ergged 8:00 minutes
  ran 1.2 miles, 
  swam 17,538 meters, and
  did Pool Fools

I'm sure you can see some deficiencies in there. But the swimming numbers and cycling numbers weren't too bad. In fact, I think that's my biggest swim week of the year. I think. I really don't feel like wading back through all my records to confirm or disfirm (add it to the lexicon) that.

To all who swam: thank you. To all who donated: thank you. To all who prayed: thank you. To my children, grandchildren, and son-in-law who came and watched: thank you. To my wife who endures all my stuff: thank you.

We left the pool with aproximately $7,000 donated. I have picked up a few more small donations and expect to get more in the coming days. I will keep you apprised as to the final numbers.

What's up next? Heart O' Dixie Triathlon.
 
My longsufferint wife, Penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment