Thursday, June 1, 2023

Countdown

The countdown to the State Games has begun. Heck, it better. This coming Saturday, we will be swimming at Meridian Community College in a short course meters pool. Huh? Yeah, that is rare. Actually it's the only one I've ever swum in. Short course meters, I mean. They only let us do five events there plus relays. I am signed up for the 100, 200, and 400 free along with the 50 and 100 back. 

Wednesday morning I went to the big pool and swam

  1,700
  4 X 50
  100 easy
  total: 2,000 meters

Actually, the big pool is a yards pool, 55 to be exact. So what I am calling meters is just a tad short of that. I think 55 yards equals 50.5 meters. But I am in the habit of thinking of it as meters, so that is how I set my watch and how I record it in my training journal.

After that, I went to work and had a nice class. This, so far, has been an enjoyable class. It's small, I have things focused, and we are moving on nicely. 

In the late afternoon, I mowed the front lawn and lifted at the City. I worked legs, and Simon helped me move three stall matts to the back. Next week, Plate City is going to go through another renovation. The City just keeps getting more gooder and more gooder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment