Friday, June 2, 2023

Taper Time

It was a pretty tame day in a lot of ways. One way was in my morning swim. I had planned to swim the little pool so I could do some back stroke work. On the way over, I realized I had forgotten my watch. Normally I will not swim without my watch, but I was only doing a little bit so I thought I could count. I counted 500 free. 

Someone else came in and started swimming. Often the Bowmans come in around 7:00. With two of us and two of them, that was two too many. I swam 2 X 50 back and then the Bowmans arrived, so I got out. That was only 600, but hey it's taper time.

I went to work and had a stressfull morning. I had a student show up for the first time. Why do students do this?!?!?!?!?!? I was shocked, saddened, angry, confused, and enraged, irritated, and thirsty for coffee all at the same time. So I went and made coffee and tried to calm myself. Lucky for him, I discovered one of the other students didn't know what was going. And that always happens. Just when I think I have things so simple that it can't be missed, I found out that students find a way to run off in a ditch. So I started all over. Otherwise this guy had no chance. Even started all over, putting five hours into two and a half is a rush that I don't think I could handle if I were the student. 

After work, I ate lunch, rested a little, and went to Tractor Supply one more time. I hope this is my last trip there for a while. I bought two more stall matts. While I was there, the guy in line behind me asked me my name. As soon as he did, I recognized him as Baird Moore. Wow, I had not seen him in maybe more than forty-five years.

Back home, Simon helped my move the matts to the back. That got my left knee to hurting, so I didn't run. I also didn't lift because I am tapering for the swim meet, remember? So I had a stressfull and easy day. That's a nice combination. An interesting one at least. Praise God anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment