Tuesday, June 13, 2023

A Different Monday

This Monday was a little different than most. I got up and swam like I've been doing. I only went 2,500 meters because my shoulder started feeling a little janky. JSS (Janky Shoulder Syndrome)  is not good, and I cannot afford to have it this close to Pool Fools. So I tapped out early and went home.

Work was non-eventfull but nice. I've said it before, but I say it again. I am liking this schedule, to have time to get some training in and get to work and still get off early. Life is good.

I did a little more re-arranging at the City. I dug out some more of my medals and hung them on the new wall. Penny found many of them that I had forgotten I put in a drawer. I still did not find a couple or three of my marathon medals. Those mean something to me. I got all my swimming medals up. From now on, I plan to hang those by the year. That should provide a little motivation when I am out there lifting. Often, I don't feel like doing it, lifting. Now I can look at the medals and think, this is one of the reasons I push myself.

Forrest contacted me about riding. I agreed. Bikes, Blues[,] & Bayous is on the horizon, and I need some training. Left to my own devices, the cycling always gets squeezed out. Last year it was Tyler who came to the rescue. He rightly insisted that we start riding. This year it looks like Forrest is the one God is using to keep my from being picked up by the SAG vehicle at BBB.

This was the difference, the riding. I rode but did not run or lift. We met in Money and rode Coleman Road, and that other one that goes east in front of the old gin. We totaled 19.1 miles. That was not huge, but for a first ride, I felt OK. I did tire a bit after 13 or so. But even my running has fallen way off for the past ten weeks.

It was about 7:45 when I made it back to the Hideout. That meant Plate City was out for the day. Too bad. I hope to hit it hard this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment