Monday, June 26, 2023

6/19 - 6/25

It was not a big training week, the last one, but I was doing something most days. My chief objective was to recover from Pool Fools. Monday morning at the pool, I found out that Saturday's event had beaten my up far worse than I expected. I swam 4 X 50 for a grand total of 200 meters. Huh? Yeah, you read that right. Also that day, I went to work and the the gym. At the City, I did my push workout, 8:30 on the bike erg, and 1.47 miles on the treadmill.

Tuesday was not much better. I swam 6 X 50 for 300 total. I added 9:00 on the bike erg, 1.24 on the treadmill, and did my pull workout at the City.

Wednesday was worse. I felt overly tired, so I slept in and didn't even go to the pool. I did go to work and to Plate City. There I cycle 9:15 on the erg, shuffled 1.93 on the mill, and hit the legs like I was mad at them.

It was my last day of summer school, Thursday, and I started it in the water with 700 meters of poor swimming. At the gym, I performed multiple sets on the erg to total 14:00 minutes. On the mill, I ran 1.22 miles, and on the weights I repeated my push workout again.

Penny and I went to Jackson Friday, but before we left I hit the pool and swam 1,000. Yehaa! I'm up to a warmup now. I did nothing else but chauffeur my wife that day.

Saturday I just went to the City twice. In the morning, I did a pull workout and 10:00 on the erg. In the evening, I did legs and 2.23 miles on the mill.

For the week, I

  ran 8.09 miles,
  swam 1,200 meters,
  lifted weights six times, and
  bike ergged 51:45

Those are amatuer numbers, but they are numbers, they represent the fact that I have not given up. I've said it before: I'm too stubborn to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment