Monday, June 12, 2023

6/5 - 6/11

I had a good week in the water, but on the road, well. Monday, I swam 3,000 meters, shuffle 1.19 miles, lifted weights, and did 4:30 on the bike erg. That wasn't a bad day. Tuesday was even better. In the pool, I hit 3,200 meters, on the road 1.49 miles, and in the gym I lifted and biked 5:00.

Being leg day, Wednesday yielded big numbers on the bike with 13:30 and lots of squats. In the pool, I went 3,300 meters. On the road, I was absent. In the gym, I set a new Association of Sports Strongmen world record for my age group and weight division at 305 on the deadlft. 

Thursday I swam, ran, and lifted. In the pool, it was 3,700 meters. I shuffled 1.75 miles, and lifted big. While in the gym, I spun 6:00 on the erg.

Friday was my last big day of the week. I swam with Tyler for 2,100 meters of quality. At the gym, I continued the renovations while I lifted. I also rode 7:15 on the erg.

Saturday was Dinkie's funeral. When we got home, I went to the City and pulled two new world records at 307 and 310. I contemplated attempting to go higher, but decided to leave well enough alone. Pool Fools is Saturday, and I can't afford an injury at this time.

For the week, I

  ran 4.43 miles,
  lifted weights six times,
  bike ergged 39:15, and
  swam 15,300 meters

The pool numbers were good and the lifting was solid. Everything else was disappointing. But that is the way it goes. I worked a lot on the gym, and worked at work, and nap some. That stuff takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment