Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Almost Training

At the pool, I tried to pick it up a little. My goal this week is to actually train. I didn't quite make it Tuesday, but I did get a little closer. I swam

  100
  200
  300
  400
  500
  4 X 50 build
  100 easy
  total: 1,800 long course meters

That's the most and best I have done since the Fools. By best, I mean on the 50s there was the hint of some quality. That is what I am after, quality and quantity. 

After the practice, I drove over to DSU to purchase a few weight plates. They are closing a small gym in one building and selling the plates at a decent price. You know me; I can't pass up a deal on plates if the drive is not too far. I came home with 245 pounds of new metal. The plates are not new, but they are new to me. Did I need them? What's need got to do with it? My gym is called Plate City for a reason.

It was very hot Tuesday. I did some mowing, some lifting, and some running on the treadmill starting around 4:00 p.m. I found that I can pull the big fan up near the dreadmill and stay alive. Between sets, I would sit in front of the fan and pant until I could move again. I did the pull workout and hit it pretty hard. I did four sets on the chest-supported row, fours sets of the reverse fly, two sets of the Swim Pull, some chins, and some curls. 

When I went inside and cooled down, I hung out with CC and watched some TV. First it was Deadliest Catch. Then I realized that The Ultimate Fighter was on. This season is Team McGregor verses Team Chandler. Conner McGregor is not looking too good in this. From what I have seen, he is there to be a celebrity and show off his suits. Michael Chandler is there to coach and to help the fighters. Chandler's fighters have won all the matches thus far. I wonder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment