Saturday, June 10, 2023

That Suited me Fine

I met Tyler at the pool Friday morning at 5:45. We did 21 X 100 @ 3:00. It went something like this if I remember correctly.

  1 - 4 warmup
  5 -  8 floating 25
  9 - 10 first 50, second 50
  11 - 13 first and fourth 25, first and third 25, second and fourth 25
  14 - easy
  15 - all fast
  16 - 20 swim through paddle set
  21 - cooldown

That was a tough practice. It had a lot of quality, and although the volume wasn't too high, it suited me fine. And a good thing about was that I was home by 7:30. I had to wait until a little after 8:00, however, to get some coffee. My cook has taken to sleeping in until 8:00 every morning. I know what you're thinking. Can't you make coffee? I can and I do it well. But she doesn't like me to do it. At work, the ladies won't drink coffee I make either. They only like real-man coffee and say the stuff I make is colored water. I think my coffee is pretty good, and it hurts my feelings that no one will drink it. No one has ever been injured giving it a try. Anyway, I sit here now pecking out this post wanting my coffee, glancing at my watch, and trying to be patient.

I was outdoors pretty early working on Plate City. I cut the last stall matt and installed it. There is still a small area on the east end of the City that in uncovered, but I am through working with matts for awhile. While out there, I lifted my pull workout, admired my work, and hung out with Pee Wee. All of that suited me fine. It suited him fine too.

After lunch and a long nap, I went back to the City. My intention was to ride the Concept 2 Bike erg and maybe run a bit on the treadmill. I rode the bike for 7:15, but failed to get on the mill. I'm lazy like that. My legs were tired so I did some stretching and then cycled another 1:00 and went back inside for the day.

That made a pretty full day. Penny didn't want to go out so she picked up some chicken and we ate at home. I liked that. I was pretty worn down anyway, and staying at home suited me fine.

1 comment: