Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Another Eight

Tuesday was a barnburner except I did not swim a lick. The pool was cool, and since Tyler and I lifted in the morning, I decided that a good run after work would be enough. 

I left the house with the idea of running maybe as far as four miles. I went out Wade Road and decided on five. After a while, I thought, I could probably get six. OK, I won't string it out. I shuffled along for another eight miles. By another, I mean I did eight Monday and another eight miles Tuesday. I don't usually do back to back longish runs, but I felt good and thought maybe I can have a banner week. When I feel really good, I hate to waste it because that is like catching fish: you don't know how long it will be before the fish are biting again.

When I got back on Crocket Avenue, I hit eight with a few minutes to go to make two hours of running. Why stop early? I made ten seconds over two hours for a total of 8.28 miles. That with the 8.17 miles from Monday, gives me a pretty good start on a big running week.

Since Tyler and I are scheduled to max out on the squat Wednesday morning, that much running might not be a good idea. But I wanted to do it so I did. Now I need to get back into the water. Tyler manned up and swam Tuesday. No cold-water sissy he. Cold-water sissy me. 

Thank you, Jesus, for a good start to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment