Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Potential

Tyler and I were lifting heavy Tuesday morning before daybreak. Pee Wee was playing hard, tearing up toys and having a jolly good time. The birds get up around 6:00 a.m. so our free music starts about the time I am getting awake. We did pulls, chest-supported rows, lat pulldowns, curls, the swim pull, and the Ski Erg. 

I felt really lazy so I only shuffled 2.54 miles. I had the time. The spirit was willing, but the flesh was weak. 

I met Tyler at the pool at 6:00. We swam

1,250

8 X 25 drill

2 X 50 breathing 

some back stroke (We did Tyler's first 50 back)

500 for time 8:37

1,100

total: 3,300 yards

With my journal crises full on, I got confused about what we swam. I am not sure how many drills and how much backstroke. I was trying to write in a tiny space and cleared my watch before I was ready. I am sure, however, that we swam 3,300. That is the longest practice we have done together. Tyler's swimming fitness has come a long way in a short time. He has some real potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment