Friday, January 14, 2022

Each Day

Thursday morning was more cold weather and more darkness at the world's best backyard gym. Pee Wee was in top form playing with his toys while Tyler and I played with ours. It was rep push day and we hit the bench press, the log press, the seated dip, and of course, lots of corator ruff stuff. Oh yeah, we top it all off with 3:25 on the Ski Erg. So, another gym session in the bank as we prepare for the big event June 2. If I have to teach summer school, the challenge might be moved back to June 3 or even June 4. More on that story later. 

Work was nice Thursday and the ladies had Reese's on their desk. Yeah, I'm spoiled like that. I was out early, with Tuesday and Thursday being my short days. After lunch, I took a sorely needed nap. 

Then I went to the pool. I got lazy and only swam

1,800
50 medium paddles
brick kick
50 easy
2 X 25 no breath
50 back
total: 2,000

I just did not feel like swimming. Vicki came in when I was getting ready to leave. If I had known she was coming, I would have hung in there for more yards. It is always easier if someone else is in the pool. Even if y'all are not doing the same thing, not working together, having someone else in the pool helps me to keep going without tapping out too early.

At home, I fought the temptation to put on my night night clothes. It was a real battle, but finally I dragged out for a short run. I went 2.2 miles of a planned 3.5. Yeah, I'm sorry like that.

So although it was not a banner training day, it was a decent one. In fact, everyday that God gives us is good. Thank you, Jesus, for another one. Help me to live each one as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment