Thursday, January 27, 2022

Training and the State Games

The gym was brutally cold Wednesday morning. We have had lower temperatures out there, but with the wind that was coming in from the north it hurt. Nevertheless, we did it, we pushed through, pushed the weights, and finished our program. We're bad like that. 

On the road, I was a slow moving toad. I shuffled out Hades Extended and around for a total of 2.?? miles. I forgot the exact distance, and I don't have my training log with me as I type this. But, despite the cold and despite the fatigue, I got 'er done. I'm bad like that.

At the pool, Tyler and I busted out a big one, a kind of big one. We started with a 1,650 yard warmup. Then we did three sets of 4 X 50 @ 1:00 followed by a 50 back. On the last set, we dropped the 50 back. Then we did 3 X 50 stroke, back for me, breast for Tyler. After that, we did a 200 Redneck IM, maybe my first. First? I have done several 100 RIMs before but I'm not sure about a 200. We finished with an easy 300 for a nice 3,000 yard practice. 

Tyler and I discussed the State Games which are held in Meridian each year. The swim meet is scheduled for June 4. That is two days after Crazy Man Quadrathon. We are in. Yeah, we're bad like that. Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment