Monday, January 24, 2022

BBU 11

BBU 11 was another deposit in the strength and endurance bank. Those are two banks, by the way, not one. Monday, Tyler and I began the week at Plate City. We did our push workout. Pee Wee played and begged for attention. In the afternoon, I ran 2.18 miles, and we met at the pool and swam 2,800 yards.

Tuesday was more early gym work followed by 2.54 miles of road work, after school, and then a big 3,300 at the pool. 

Wednesday morning, we did our deadlifting session. I only shuffled 2.33 miles, and at the pool, we did 3,100 yards.

Thursday morning, Plate City was dark and vacant. The sound of metal clanging on metal was unheard. Tyler went duck hunting, and I slept in. We even discussed making this a weekly thing so I can rest up and he can get in some bigger running. On the road, I did 3.46 miles, and in the pool alone I dropped to a mere 1,250 yards. Yeah, I can be lazy like that.

Friday, Tyler and I opened Plate City with the temp reading 24 degrees. We doubled up and did push and pull. On the road, I squeaked out 4.42 and in the pool I stroked out 2,200.

Saturday I shuffled for my longest run of the week: 6.11 miles. Tyler and I opened the gym at 3:30 and enjoyed the sunshine as we did legs and strongman stuff. It was nice. We even watched some football while we lifted.

Sunday night, I forced myself out the door for 1.9 miles. Besides that, I preached and did lots of resting.

For the week, I

ran 22.94 miles
swam 11,564 meters,
cycled 5:30
lifted weights five times, and did
20:00 minutes on the SkiErg.

Not bad. Not bad, but not bad. See what I did there? We are racing towards the next big thing: June 2. Save the date. I will announce this week the name of the event. Thank you, Jesus, for health, Plate City, Pee Wee, and a training partner. Thank you also for my longsuffering wife, and cats that need affection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment