Saturday, January 1, 2022

Thank You God

Tyler showed up Friday morning for the fifth straight day. It was pull day and we did the chest-supported row, the lat pull down, the Swim Pull, curls, and we finished with the Ski Erg. Once more, we worked hard and saw the nighttime slowly give way to the morning. That is always nice. 

I did not make it to the pool. I had to move some furniture. After that, I just had time to ambulate to Hillbilly Heaven. I shuffled for 10.55 miles straight, and walked most of the big hill. Then I resumed my survival shuffle for a total of 13.61 miles. Hey, that is my most in a good while, since late last winter. That puts me at over thirty miles with two days left in the week.

That was a pretty nice way to finish up the year. When I got down around that swampy area before you get to Hillview Baptist, I was struck by the coolness of the breeze and the beauty of the swamp. I thanked God out loud. Again, thank you, Jesus, for life, for salvation, for the year, for the day, for the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment