Friday, January 7, 2022

Off the Cliff

Yeah, I am in freefall off the cliff. OK, maybe that is a bit of an overstatement. Actually, I got up and lifted alone Thursday morning. I knew Tyler was not coming, but I got up anyway. Give me a cookie. Heck, give me a pie and a medal.

I did the bench press stuff. It was raining hard, and the sound on that roof was delicious. Pee Wee was with me in the dark. He played with his toys while I grunted and groaned trying to push the weights.

At work, I suffered through another punishment day dreaming of what I'd do when I got off. When I did get off, I managed to go out for a run. It was cold, very cold and I even enjoyed the oddity of it all. Before I even finished the run, however, my mind had already tapped out. I did not even go to the pool. Huh? Yeah, I fell off the cliff. Then this morning I got a text that the pool was drained. WHAT!?!?! Now I really want to swim. Funny how that works.

Well, at least I don't have to chose this afternoon between swimming or running. The choice is made for me. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment