Monday, January 17, 2022

BBU 10 (I Need that New Journal)

I had to write this up by peeking onto a mass of scribbled notes written on a partially blank page in the back of my filled up training journal. Yes, once more I waited too long to reorder, and I am forced to find places to record my workouts. And I still have not heard from Turnrow. I called them last week. In case you have not noticed, we are becoming a third-world county. Shelves are empty, prices are high, and even a book order that usually takes three days now takes two weeks and counting. But at least we got rid of those mean tweets.

Monday, Tyler and I lifted weights, I ran 8.17 miles, and I swam 2,000 yards. Tuesday I shuffled another eight miles, this time going 8.28 after lifting in the morning dark. At the pool, I might have been absent or I might have done the distance I just recorded for Monday. I need that new journal. 

Wednesday I amazingly managed to lift weights and shuffle 4.08 miles. I think I did not swim. No, I did swim maybe. Sometime last week, Tyler and I did 2,750 yards. That might have been Wednesday or it might have been Thursday, but it did happen. I need that journal!

Thursday, I at least lifted weight and shuffled 2.2 miles. Friday I lifted and ran 2.43. Yeah, I tapered off after a strong start. Then Saturday, Tyler and I lifted before I took the girls to Jackson and did the old-man shuffled in a parking lot for 1.51 miles. Sunday I we closed church because of illnesses and weather. I stayed  in bed all day except to get out for a 1.6 miles. Also, I spun on the bicycle for a full 5:00 minutes. Yeah, I'm on fire like that.

For the week, I

ran 28.27 miles,
Ski Ergged 20:30 minutes,
spun 5:00 minutes on the stationary.
swam 7,125 meters, and
lifted weights five times

So except for some low numbers in the pool, that was a pretty solid week of training. Very soon, like maybe tomorrow, I will begin to announce the big even scheduled for June 2. Stay tuned to EndangeredSwimmer on YouTube for an announcement. In the meantime, I need that new journal in our new America. God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment