Sunday, January 23, 2022

Strongman Saturday

Tyler and I finally got to do a full Saturday workout, in the afternoon, without time pressure. We opened the gym at 3:30. It was leg day, and on Saturdays I am a bit inclined to experiment or do some strongman stuff. We warmed up with reverse hypers, seated leg curls, and back extensions before moving on the squats. We are working percentages now on the squat. With the warmup sets, we were done squatting after five sets. Then we picked up the farmers walk handles.

I am not comfortable doing those in the dark. But it was daylight, and we slowly warmed up with 90-foot walks both ways across the yard. Gradually we added weight, Tyler working up to an additional 75 pounds per hand. I topped out at 60 pounds added to the 52 pound implements. Double that gives 214 pounds that I only went 50 feet two times with. The farmers walk is a full body exercise plus it adds to cardiovascular fitness. The heavy ones had me huffing like I needed a paramedic with an oxygen machine.

So we had a good workout. We turned the TV on and watched some football while we worked. Nice. I did not mention that I shuffled 6.1 miles earlier in the day, sometime around noon. The pool? I did not want to be that busy. Danny and I did breakfast at Acy's to start the day. All in all, it was a pretty full day with breakfast, running, gym work, and studying for Sunday. 

Good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment