Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Bad Like That

Monday was a fun day a strong day a long day at work and at training. At 5:30 the temperature at Plate City was 32 degrees. That is pretty cold for a hot-weather man. But that is not the coldest we have trained in. Last Friday we hit the weights in the dark and in 24 degree weather. We are bad like that. We did our push workout, but for some reason I was not strong. OK, I am never strong, but there was a big drop off in my strength. On the bench press, I have been doing 5X 5 at 80% of one rep max. This week, I failed the fifth rep on the fourth set and only completed three reps on the fifth set. Huh?!?!?

I blamed it on Saturday when we did some strongman stuff. Our central nervous systems were fatigued, was my guess. A lot of big folks, strong folks, powerlifters and strongmen competitors talk about CNS fatigue a lot after lifting really heavy. Maybe that was it because we pushed the farmer's walk pretty hard. Tyler and I both felt a little subpar, but we pushed through for a solid session. Yeah, we are bad like that.

John called at 2:14. He was at the pool. On Monday and Wednesday, I get off at 2:45. He thinks if he does that enough, if he calls from the pool and says come on right now that I will get off work earlier. He is delusional like that. So I set up to swim with Tyler at 6:00. I went home and took a small run of 3.61 miles.

At the pool, we kept it simple and did a straight swim. We went for one hour and three minutes. I covered 3,200 yards. Tyler was not too far behind. Surprisingly, I got a little tired and Tyler did too. Saturday strongman? I don't know, but we did it anyway. We are bad like that. Not only that, but we are toxically masculine. Both of us, and we are going to toxic masculine all over the quadrathon in June. Count on it. And thank the Lord for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment