Monday, January 2, 2023

12/26 - 1/1

I finished another week and another year. I might write a yearly review later. Maybe. Right now, what did I do the last week of 2022 besides eat too much? Well, I started Monday with a 2,000 yard swim. I followed that up wth weights and 4.72 miles of running.

Tuesday I swam 2,650 yards and ran 9.52 miles. The long run took the steam out of me so that I did not make it to the gym.

Wednesday I swam 2,800 and lifted weights not once but twice. Furthermore, I shuffled 2.55 miles on the treadmill.

Thursday I did 2,300 in the pool and nothing in the gym. On the road I did a wimpy 2.51.

Friday I again swam, this time for 3,050 yards. At Plate City, I hit it hard, but on the treadmill I was down to 1.64 miles.

You already know about Saturday. I worked out at the City then took off on a run to Hillbilly Heaven. This time I went all the way to Ruscoe Road. Penny pulled up on me and harrassed me about looking like an old man. Maybe that's because I am an old man. My claim to fame, however, is that I am too stubborn to stop. I have had people tell me I am too old to run. I have had people tell me I am ruining my knees. My knees aren't great, but they are as good as any 65-year old I know. I don't plan to stop. If I did, I might become dangerous to road signs and people. Oh, the distance? I went 16.26 miles of old-man shuffling.

For the week, I 

  lifted weights five times, 
  skierrged 3:00 minutes,
  swam 11,698 meters, and
  ran 36.48 miles

That's not too bad. If I could drop a few pounds, I would run a lot better. I have the base but that is all. I am now one month from my next official marathon. I need a few more long runs and some large weeks. I only have time for two big weeks before taper time starts. All the hay is not in the barn, but the barn door is starting to close. Am I nervous? Not yet, but I already know how that song goes. I will become nervous. I will wonder why I am doing this. I will regret my decision to sign up. Until I finish. Then its like a magic hand turns the lens finder and the picture becomes clear. I will then know why I did it and be glad I went through with it. That's the way it always works. I will drive home tired but content, happy with my choice, and before the pain disappears, I will already be dreaming about the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment