Friday, January 13, 2023

Bad Dream

I walked across Wagner Park. I don't know why this keeps showing up in my dreams because Wagner Park holds no special place in my heart or memories. But in dreams, night after night, I walk across that patch of grass enroute to doing something else. Last night it was going to a Susi Shop. That might not even be the right terminology, but that was what it was in my sleep.

I had a long run scheduled, so I needed to eat something, get some digestion started, and start my run. Walking into the Sushi Shop, I found the massive walls covered in menu. By the way, I have some real life examples of where I have had to deal with this. There were too many choices and they were too confusing. I somehow found some chicken sushi (it was a dream) and thought that sounded nutritious, tasty, and maybe even filling.

"Can I help you?" the lady behind the counter asked.

"Yes, I want some chicken sushi."

She looked like the cafateria workers at Bankston used to look: all white, hair net, and thick white shoes. She shook her head "no."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"That means no."

"I know that means no, but why does it mean no? Does it mean you don't have any chicken sushi, or you won't let me have any chicken sushi?"

She answered, but my ears failed to capture her words. Anyway, I knew that quest was futile.

So I asked her what is the closest thing they had to chicken sushi. Her answer was "tomato sushi."

That sounded tasty, but far from filling, and certainly not nutritous. Nevertheless, I ordered the tomato sushi. Then when she handed me the styrofoam box over the counter, part of my order slipped and and fell hitting me in the foot. 

I had thought I needed to add to the order to get some quantity into my ingestion. Now I really needed something else, but the bill was over nine bucks, and I only had ten.

Stay tuned to some real life examples of this very thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment