Wednesday, January 25, 2023

My Eyes Were Not Poked

First, Tyler texted me that he wasn't goint to make it to the pool. Not to worry, I can go alone. Then my wife brought me breakfast in bed at 6:00 a.m. She's never done this before. Breakfast in bed, yes, but at 6:00 a.m., no. That was too much to overcome. Yeah, I'm easy like that. I stayed home and did not swim Tuesday morning.

After work, however, I went to the courthouse to try to pay some taxes. They said I didn't owe any taxes. WHAT!?!?!?!??! Whoever heard of such. They told me that I was exempt because I am over 65. I never heard of anyone else being exempt. I know for a fact that my mom paid property taxes until she died. This makes me wonder. It makes me susupicious. It makes me nervous. If I really don't owe, that is great, but I don't feel at ease about this at all. 

The weather got bad. It grew cold and rainy. Not to worry. Plate City Gym was open for business. Out there, I ran on the treadmill and did my pull workout. It was real. It was fun. But it was not real fun. It was real fun for Pee Wee. He always bites stuff when I come out there. 

So I got two workouts in. That's not ideal, but it is better than a poke in the eye, and I have had a poke in the eye. Thank you, Jesus, for a good day and eyes that were not poked.

No comments:

Post a Comment