Friday, January 20, 2023

The City of New Orleans

Friday (Thursday) was a good day. Tyler and I started things off right at the pool. We swam gently to the wrong end of the pool and then did 50s from that side. Why from the wrong side? Because last week, T was having pain when he stopped on the right side. Huh? The water is shallower there. With rib injuries, sometimes there is pain with level changes. Going from horizontal to vertical can hurt real bad. He told me on the other end, it did not hurt when he stood up. I am supposing that was because the deeper water provided some pressure on his ribs. So we did 50s from the start, and I finished with 1,150. I think I was a single 50 more than Tyler. We did thirteen 50s and then wrapped up with 425 easy.

Work was nice. I like Fridays (Thursday) because I only have three classes, and we are on the edge of the weekend. Also, this was a big day. We were told that the school's board was meeting at 1:00 p.m. to decide our fate. We already knew that this was our last semester in our current building. To make a short story long, I received a text at 2:14 p.m. saying that the Greenwood Center was staying open. We don't know where we will be other than we will be in Greenwood. Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, thank You, thank You. Thank You, thank You, thank You. This is a huge deal to me. I am very happy where I work and with whom I work. Going back to main campus was not a pleasant thought to me. This news has the potential to impact how many more years I will work.

After work, I rested, took a nap, and watched some of the Paul Finebaum Show. Then I went to Plate City around 5:30. Out there, I did something I had in mind when I bought the Echo bike. I warmed up with it and then hopped straight onto the treadmill to "recover" at my normal shuffling pace. Get the idea: the Echo bike had my thighs burning and my heart rate pounding about as fast as it pounds. Then I jumped onto the treadmill and shuffled until my breathing was only slightly elevated. See the picture? I have some more things like this in mind. In the future, on leg day, I am thinking a set of squats followed by the Echo bike, followed by the treadmill, then rinse and repeat. That should build some unique fitness: strength, intensity with lots of acid, and recovery while running. Just thinking about that makes my bowels loosen.

Besides the warmup, I did bench presses with the Swiss bar and seated overhead dumbbell presses. In addition to that, I performed some lateral raises. Pee Wee and I got to enjoy each other's company while the stars slowly came out. The weather was nice and occaisionally we could hear the City of New Orleans rail line. I always think about that song written by John Goodman but performed best by Arlo Guthrie. "Riding on the City of New Orleans/


Illinois Central Monday morning rail/ . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment