Tuesday, January 31, 2023

I Need a De-weird, a De-monster

Things were a little different Monday. Normally, I do a upper body push workout at the gym. But since it is race week, I did legs, so they will have time to recover before Saturday's marathon. But before I got to that, some other things happened.

The first other thing that happened was a trip to the pool before work. I was a tad late, so all I got was 1,100 yards straight. Then I went to work, and it was my long day. I taught four classes, ate lunch, and did some [un]necessary paper work for the school. There is always something we have to do that I can't find a purpose for. Oh wait. Punishment. I forgot that. When you are a teacher, you have to be punished now and then. You know the old saying: no good deed goes unpunished. For having the unmitigated temerity to do good for the world and give you life for teaching, you must be punished.

Back home, I hit the road for my longest run of the week. Well, that's not right, because Saturday will be my longest. I shuffled for 4.11 miles. I did not rest long, however, before I was in the City. I wanted desperately to use my new overhead press machine. It sat there, beautiful, useful, needed, and called me like the sirens of old. But it would have to wait. It was legs night, so I warmed up with some hip abduction/adduction work and some very light squats. It was all streamlined right up to the max effort: 6 X 50, 3 X 80, 1 X 100, and then ones all the way up with plenty of rest in between. I hit a PR by two pounds. 

Two pounds?

Yeah. I have a set of fractional plates. Tyler used to call them "PR makers." That they are. After that big push, I hopped on the skiergg and did 2:15. That is the best thing about the Echo bike. I used to hate the skierg. Now the Echo bike makes the skierg seem tame. Praise God for that. That was the way it was when I was studying languages in seminary. Each one would de-weird the previous one. So what can I get that will de-weird, de-monster the Echo bike? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment