Sunday, January 15, 2023

End of Week Training

I just realized I haven't written about my last three days of training. Thursday morning, I met Tyler at the pool. We swam 25s with three breaths between each. He still had some discomfort, but we got 1,000 in and it was at least a little bit of training.

After work, I crawled into bed, and I could not extract myself. No, I did not run. I did not even go to Plate City.

At least I saved some energy for Friday. I caught a ride with Lolo Lubiani who drives to Clarksdale every Friday. He dropped me at the Minter City United Methodist Church, and I ran shuffled home. I've done it before, but with some walking thrown in. This time, I went 22.13 straight which took me to the front doors of Bankston School. From there I walked and shuffled and would have taken a ride if someone had offered one. Heck, if I had seen anyone I knew, I would have asked for one. But I made it home with 23.1 miles of running and less than a mile of walking. This will be the apex of my marathon training. I will now begin a taper. The race is February 4 and will be my first official marathon since 2016.

Saturday, Penny and I had breakfast at Acey's. We then went to her shopping areas and I managed to pull of a 1.1 mile shuffle in the parking lot. Yeah, 1.1 is not bad after 23.1. Still, there was no time for weights so I had a truncated week in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment