Monday, January 30, 2023

1/23 - 1/29

I had another one of those weeks, good and bad. I am speaking, of course, about my training. It was the week before my marathon, so my taper began. Although I was only scheduled to taper my running, somehow I tapered my swimming also. Huh? Yeah, I'm bad like that. 

Monday started in the pool with 1,150 yards. After a long day at work, I ran and easy 2.07 miles and did my push workout at PC. Tuesday was more of the same except I did not make it to the pool. I shuffled 4.17 miles and did my pull workout at the City. In addition that that, I did 2:06 on the skierg.

The Overhead Press Machine arrived Wednesday. Boy do I love getting packages from Titan Fitness. Plate City Gym took a huge step forward with the addition of this equipment. I love it. I can just sit down and start cranking out some reps. I know, you can do overhead stuff without it. But on the machine, you can brace and push as hard as you want. Also, I don't have to move any J-cups around or set anything up. It's great. Oh yeah, I hit the pool for 1,300 yards. At the City, I worked legs and put the OP machine together.

I was back in the pool Thurday morning for 700 yards. I already wrote aboout why my swimming was so low that morning. But that  night at the City was great because I got to do my full shoulder/triceps workout on the new machine. I did a set on the machine followed by a set on the skierg x 4 or 5. Yeah, it was intense. It was fun. It was real. It wasn't real fun, however. The treadmill running totalled 1.27, and the skiergging totalled 4:30. 

Friday was my last long[ish] run at 8.15 miles. That is something I can recover from. I didn't go to the pool or to the gyn because Penny and I took out for Louisiana to eat fish. Yeah, we are adventurous like that. 

Saturday, I spent to morning studying for Sunday. After lunch, I took a short 3.21-mile run. Then, at the City, I did overhead press and pull. And I added some trapbar deadlifting. Sunday was rest, and today it starts all over again. Yehaa.

For the week, I

  lifted weights five times,
  swam 2,878 meters,
  skiergged 6:36 minutes, and 
  ran 20.5 miles

Not bad, but I don't know why I am having so much trouble getting my swimming in. Maybe this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment