Saturday, January 21, 2023

More Gooder

Slow start. That's what I call my typical Fridays. I start the day slowly, drink more coffee, pet cats, blog, wake up a little at a time. Then I go out for a run. This Friday it was an 11 miler. Originally, I had planned on a 14-mile run, but once I got out there, I could feel the fatugue. I am not recovered from last week's 23 miles. I am in the taper phase, the time when regulating recovering it the main thing. 

The thing about an 11-mile run is it doesn't take all day. So I had some time and energy after my run. Of course I ate and rested. But then I went to Plate City. At the gym, it was pull day, but I wasn't feeling it. That happens more than it doesn't. When it does, I do what I do in the morning: I start slow. I begin with some external shoulder rotations, some stretching, a very light set. I look at the weights, I do a little more. I go a little heavier. I pee on the ground. And slowly I get things done. I may or may not get the hard-work feeling. But even if I don't, I wind up with a solid workout in the bank.

So I had a good run and an adequate gym session. Then Penny and I went to the Crystal. There I got one of my favorites, the blackened red fish with that etouffee sauce. That and a baked potato is good, yeah. Back home, Penny tossed me a bag of candy. Wow, my already good day just got better. More gooder. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment