Thursday, January 5, 2023

Day Three

Since I don't have to be at work until 8:30 this week, I figured I could do a long ("long" is always a contextual term) swim before work. Hence I was in the water as soon as the 6:00 gang was out. At one minute and thirty seconds before 6:30, I was swimming. I went 1:07:16 straight for 3,200 yards. I was still early for work.

Work was long and tiring, but because it was Wednesday, all I had on the program was Plate City. On leg day, I shuffle some on the treadmill so everything is out there. I squatted

  12 X 50
  10 X 80
  2 X 100
  1 X 120
  5 X 2 @ 80% with 30 seconds rest
  walk 5:30 on the treadmill
  6 X 1 @ 80% 30 seconds rest
  walk 5:30 on the treadmill

I shuffled a total of 2.24 miles between warmup sets and while doing the Hip Abductor/Addcutor machine. I set a PR on it. Besides a few external rotations for the rotator cuff muscles, I did nothing for the upper body. It would have been a good time for some skierrging, but I was in a minimal effort mood. The squat session was pretty tough and I did it, but I didn't want anything extra.

So Day Three was a pretty one, despite the overcast skies. It was a good one also. But it was not a pretty good one. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment