Friday, January 18, 2019

Back to Friday

Friday morning feels like a new pair of boot socks on a cold night at bedtime. We worked last week, and I missed my day off terribly. Now I am in bed after taking breakfast, coffee sits on the nightstand, and a cat is curled up close and purring. The day lies before me like a country road on a Spring day. I'm happy.

Yesterday I had to work late, until 4:00 o'clock. Now I am down to the real schedule which is the best one I have ever had. I am out of class and off office hours by 1:20 each day. I never had it so good. Just the thought of it makes me smile. Thank you, God, and thank you Renee Moore. Not only is the schedule good time wise, but I am teaching Old Testament Survey and Film as Literature both in the same semester. This is a first.

After getting home Thursday, I went to Ace Hardware to buy some bolts and nuts for a project Trevor and I have going at Plate City. We are moving the T-bar, and I have already dug the holes to set some posts it will be attached to. The posts are old telephone cross posts and are about seven and a half feet long. We are going to attach some parts from a plate tree I salvaged off an Olympic tree and add some 60 penny nails so we can get our plates better organized and off the ground. It has taken longer than I expected, but it will be a nice addition to the gym. Plate City has made huge strides over the past few months. I'll shoot a video soon and post it here. 

I got home and went out to work out and dabble with getting the post set up. The bolts are too short. I will get some more bolts today, mail and letter, and swim. Right now, I am in no hurry. The ladies water aerobics won't clear the pool until about 10:15. I plan to leave the house about 10:00, mail the letter, which is my registration for the Mississippi Senior Olympics, and buy the bolts. I hope to then get in a long swim and then rig up our posts at Plate City.

Thursday night I lifted alone and stayed out of the pool to save it for today. On the flat bench, I did

22 X 45
12 X 95
10 X 100
10 X 105
10 X 110
10 X 115
8 X 120

On the incline bench I did

8 X 100
8 X 105
5 X 110
3 X 115

I also did some squats and pedaled the stationary bicycle that Gerald Johnson gave me. It was a good day. This one looks better. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment