Thursday, January 24, 2019

Tell Me it Ain't So!

I am training with a vigor that I rarely see in myself. The news of the Mississippi Senior Olympics, and me sending in my money has me going to the pool with a purpose. Then Wednesday night, I read a post on Facebook that threw a monkey wrench into all my swimming and training plans. Starting February the 11th and running through March the 31st, Twin Rivers with be hosting swimming lessons for children from 10:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. 

WHAT!?!?!?!?!???!?!?

How am I going to train? 

Besides me, there are several other people who actually swim in that pool. My guess is that we will all pile in there at 7:30. Bear in mind, the pool will not be clear by then. It never is. People will stand around and talk, etc, etc. Also bear in mind that there are only two lanes in that small pool. We can't all swim then. Maybe three can if someone swims down the center and tries not to crash into the others. What to do?

I know what you are thinking. Get up early in the morning. I probably will. One day per week or two. But I am not a morning person, and I have to be in Moorhead before 8:00 a..m. twice per week. So that is not going to work everyday. Of course I will have to swim big on Saturday and Sunday also. I never liked to workout on the Lord's Day because God knew what he was doing when he instituted a day of rest. My wife and I go the church on Sunday and rest. After our noon meal, we go home and spend the rest of the day and night in bed, napping, relaxing, watching TV. I hate to change that, but I see no other option. I may even have to go back to DSU the two nights per week and swim there. One way or the other, I will have to make it work. Not only is the Senior Olympics coming up, but the Chicot Challenge is on the way also, so I have to train or tap out to everything, and that is not an option.

Please pray for me and the other displaced swimmers, the water refugees. Thank you, Jesus for working things out. I haven't seen it yet, but I know you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment