Thursday, January 31, 2019

Wednesday

Next week, the pool is supposed to be shut down for repairs. Repairs? Yes. The builders installed something other than stainless steel railings, consequently the ones they did put in are corroding terribly in the salt water. So I won't have my liquid mistress next week. 

What to do? 

I plan to go the Delta State, back to the Mad Swimming Scientist and the old crew Tuesday and Thursday nights. The other days I will hit the weights extra  hard and consider it a recovery week before cramming in all the yardage possible over the next seven cycles until the big meet on the coast.

This Wednesday I swam

2,100 37:44 (1:47)
4 X 50 decline 1 - 4
8 X 100 @2:05
  1 - 5 swim
  6 - small paddles
  7 - 8 - medium paddles
total: 3,300 yards plus 250 kick with fins

At Plate City, it was bicep and shoulder day for me. Since I had some strange sensations in my right bicep tendon Tuesday night, I was wary last night and when I felt something funny there again, I stopped all my curls. All I worked was shoulders. Then after the workout, I took my shuffle, doing an 8:00 minute shuffle (to mimic the time it takes to swim 500 yards in the pool). I followed  that with a 2:00 minute walk (to mimic the cool down) and finally, I added an additional 1:30 of shuffling to equal the 100. I am signed up for the 50, the 100, the 200, and the 500. I hope to build to an equal number of minutes shuffle as my events and their cool downs will take. I am only shuffling two days a week right now because I feel like my knee should be able to handle that. 

My total shuffle for the day was .77. Not much, but something is always a thousand times better than nothing. Thank you, Jesus, for something. Thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment