Thursday, January 3, 2019

New Year's Day

it was full. New Year's Day. I left the house a little before 5:00 am, headed  for Hatley, Mississippi about 140 miles north east of Greenwood. On Facebook Market Place, I had found a good deal on a weight bench, bar, rack, and Olympic weights. Plate City has really blossomed over the past few months for precisely this reason. 

With the help of my phone, I found the seller's by 8:00 am. Within fifteen minutes, I was loaded, he was paid, and I was beginning the drive back home, which I completed by 10:30. Trevor came over and helped my unload. Of course we worked out and admired the new equipment, which awaits good weather to make some changes that need making back there. It has been raining all day every day here for the last five years. Yes, that is hyperbole, but we are rained out and I can't do stuff that needs doing.

Then I went to the pool. Usually I like to swim first then lift, but today it just happened this way. At the pool, I took it easy. My left shoulder has been a little gimpy lately. It was first aggravated by some ball slams I did. The ball slams were intended to awaken my fast twitch muscle fibers in my upper body if have any. Then that 175 pound bench press didn't do it any good either. So I swam

1,900 36:05
200 small paddles
150 medium paddles
total: 2250 yards = 2,056 meters. In addition, I did 200 kick with fins.

Not a bd start on the new year, Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment