Thursday, January 17, 2019

Wednesday Workout

Wednesdays are usually a little tight for me. Most of the time, Trevor gets off early and that pushed me in the pool. That's OK. You need some modulation in training, that is some up and down, some hard and easy training. I went to the pool as soon as I could and began to swim. Looking down at my watch, as I often do, the numbers didn't look right. I stopped. I was in Swim Mode and the GPS was turned off but the distance said, .26 of a mile. It should have read 400 or 450 yards. I cleared it, rebooted, and started over checking the numbers after a few laps. I worked correctly. Later when I looked at history, the numbers were in yards. Go figure. So I swam

450 8:19 (1:50)
1,600 29:25 (1:50)
4 X 50 @ :55
100 easy, small paddles
4 X 50 @ :59
100 easy, Agility paddles
25/25 breast, swim
4 X 25 fast
200 easy, medium paddles
total: 3,000 yards = 2,742 meters.

Nice swim. At Plate City, Trevor worked on strongman stuff while I worked biceps, shrugs, and rotator cuffs. It was a good day and this morning I awoke to the scales reading 172.6. That is the lightest of the year and the lightest of 2018. That is not good that I am this heavy, but I am losing and that is good. I need to be below 160. In 2018, I hit 190 so I am better than I was, but still too soft, too heavy, too out of shape aerobically. 

Trevor is probably going to be out today, and I am even thinking of skipping the pool and upper body weights and just squatting and doing some bike trainer work as well as work on the gym. My left shoulder has been a bit gimpy following a mere three ball slams I did a few weeks back. Three ball slams with a six pound medicine ball. Amazing that such a small thing could cause a problem. A few years back I did a ball slam and tire hitting workout that left me unable to swim for a while. My point in trying this is to attempt to awaken my fast twitch muscle fibers in my upper body in order to get faster at swimming. That is assuming I have some fast twitch muscle fibers. Maybe I don't. But anyway, it was a good day, one I praise the Lord for.

No comments:

Post a Comment