Wednesday, January 2, 2019

New Year's Eve

My three cylinder fitness engine of swimming, lifting, and running, was firing on two pistons Monday and sputtering on a third. It was almost like old times. Almost.

THe first thing I did was go to the pool and do a nice practice that went like this:

1,900 33:51
500 for time 7:35 a PR
200 small paddles
5 X 50 @ 1:09
250 small paddles
2 X 50 @ 1:06
500 easy 9:01
total: 3,700 scys + 3,381 meters.

Then I added 400 kick with fins.

The PR part was kind of a boost. At may age, to be getting PR's at anything physically more strenuous than drinking coffee is pretty exciting. 

By mid-afternoon, I went for an ambulation. This is the sputtering cylinder. The walk wound up as 3.12 miles with a total of .38 of a mile of shuffling. I am still trying to come back to running. As long as I can put one foot in front of the other, I will always try.

Trevor cane over a little before dark and this was the day I had decided to max on the bench. It went like this:

6 X 95
4 X 125
1 X 165
1 X 175 PR! 
3 X 165
5 X 155
10 x 140 pr!

That's two more PRs for a total of three in one day. The 175 was pretty difficult and although I made the lift, I was disappointed that it was as hard as it was. If I had made it more easily, I would have gone for more, and secretly that is what I had hoped for.I was more pleased with 10 X 140 which is a new PR for most weight for ten reps. Last week I set that record at 135.

Now, I suppose I will de-load and rebuild. I suppose. I'm really not sure. I'll play it by ear which is how I do pretty much everything. But it was a good day training, a nice way to recap the year and head into Chicot Challenge training on a good solid base.. Thank you, Jesus for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment