Thursday, January 24, 2019

Day after MLK Day

Tuesday was back to the pleasant grind, back to work and continued training.  This time I swam first and lifted second. At the pool, I swam

2,050 
3 X 150 r:15
250 small paddles
2 X 125 r:15
250 small paddles
5 X 100 r:20
250 small paddles
total: 4,000 yards = 3,656 meters.

You may notice that instead of going on a set interval, I had set rest intervals. The reason for this was I forgot my second watch. I wear two watches in the pool. One had my workouts programmed into it and the other records my distances, times, and other data. I can do everything with one watch, but I like having a firm record of everything. The Garmin won't go into the workout mode and swim mode at the same time, and since I always program more reps into the workouts than I usually do, I like to have the second watch for recording everything. So I did things off the cuff. I would do a rep and then clear the lap on the watch. It takes the watch eight seconds to clear, so when it cleared the lap, I would take two breaths or five breaths depending on if the rest interval was fifteen or twenty seconds.

At Plate City, I did upper back with Lat Pull Downs, T-bar rowing, pull ups, and the Swim Pull. Of course I also did lots of rotator cuff work. It was a good day and nutritionally, I only had fruit and my protein shake for supper. The weight is coming off. Slowly, but it is coming off.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment