Monday, April 8, 2019

4/1 - 4/7

There were not a lot of numbers, not big ones in last week's records, but it was a good and memorable week nonetheless. I needed a de-load week, as the strength people call it. Endurance people call it either a taper or a step back week. I only swam four times and for not many meters, but I had a new adventure, a lot of fun, and now have some new motivation.

Monday was day one of my taper for the Mississippi Senior Olympic, I swam a mere 2,200 yards with some quality. Due to whatever, that, besides a bench press session is all I did that day.

Tuesday I did nothing. Not because I did not want to train, but I had to work late and we had a church eating meeting that night. Wednesday I went to the pool and swam 2,000 with a bit of quality. Thursday, I swam an easy 1,300, followed by an medium 50, and then an easy 50 for 1,500 yards. We had another eating meeting, just in time for my swim meet. I always manage to gain weight before a big event, one I am really planning, training, and waiting for.

Friday we traveled to the coast, stopping in Jackson for a little shopping. Saturday was the meet. It was fun, and I will write a separate post on it. I swam a total of 1,050 yards (959 meters) at the swim meet. 

For the week, I

swam 6,168 meters,
ran nothing,
lifted weights one time.

That is not a lot, but it gave me some rest, a new experience, and it opened additional doors for the future. More about that later. It was a good week. Now my attention turns to training for the Chicot Challenge. Thank you, Jesus for a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment