Sunday, April 21, 2019

Saturday

Slow start, then to the pool. At the pool, I realized I have a new favorite set. A few years back it was 20 X 100 @ 2:00. Now it is 3 X 300 @ 5:29. I wonder why. Is it because it really is not THAT hard or is it because it matches up well with my muscle fiber type and my mental disposition? Cagri would say it is because I am comfortable doing that set, but that's not really true. Actually, that set hurts, but I like the hurt. Saturday, I swam

2,000 36:40 (1:49)
4 X 300 @ 5:28 
  4:56 (1:38)
  4:48 (1:35)
  4:39 (1:32)
  4:47 (1:35)
400 medium paddles
total: 3,600 yards = 3,290 meters

Yes, I added a rep and cut a second off the interval time. If you read this blog carefully, you may know me well enough by now to know what is about to happen. Over the upcoming weeks, I will be adding reps and very slowly cutting rest time on these 300s. These make my muscles hurt, which means I am dealing with lactic acid, and they are short enough to where the pain and effort is over pretty quickly. My body says they do me good (I know, "well"). Sometimes you just know. Cagri would tell me to be careful of what you like. But I have long believed that the athletic pain you like is what your body was made for. I apparently am made for middle distance pool swimming and all day lake swimming. That's a big spread, but there is where I go when I can chose, what I do when I have a chance.

After the swim, I went for a shuffle and did an embarrassingly slow 2.3 miles. Then I met an old friend in Carroll County to look at some land. It was good to see my old buddy Charlie Turner. God bless you, brother, and thank you, Jesus, for a full and enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment