Monday, April 8, 2019

D - 2

Another church meeting (I'm not complaining) and another day of working late means I had to do a double rush home, a rabid change of clothes, and some aggressive driving just to get to the pool in time for a very short swim. But I very short swim is better than no swim at all.

I did not plan much. Getting in the pool for a few yards keeps one feeling the water and it also keeps one from losing fitness. I swam


1,300 easy
50 medium effort
50 easy
total: 1,400 yards.

That's all? Yeah. I felt kind of lazy. With the big cut back, you'd think I'd be bubbling over with energy. That's part of the reason for a taper: let the muscles and nerves recover and let the energy rebuild. Not so this week. I am tired, not sure why, but definitely I needed the slow down. I did a little more packing. Now we are about to head out.

No comments:

Post a Comment