Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Countdown, D - 4

Tuesday was supposed to be another important day in my countdown to the swim meet this Saturday. But . . . .

Like Rosanne Rosannadana used to say, "It's always something."

This time it was registration. I had to work until, uh, 4:00 pm. Then I rushed home from Moorhead, changed clothes, and motored to the pool. Inside, I stripped down to my jammer and waded in. That's when I realized I forgot my goggles. Dude, we had a Gideons' meeting at 6:30 in Vaiden. There was no time to go home, come back, and swim and make the meeting.

So Tuesday was a total bust. We went to the banquet, and I ate way too much. Way too much. 

Maybe today. Thursday is going to be like Tuesday: we have another church meeting and I work late in Moorhead. Will I have time to swim. I am already out Friday. If I don't swim Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, will I lose fitness for Saturday?

Sigh. Looks like I will find out.

Thank you, Lord, anyway. Praise be to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment