Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Monday

Yes, I was running to the CPA's office, driving to Penny's place of work for signatures, and mailing a check on the 15th of April. Who was it that said, "Beware of the Ides of March"? Beware of the Ides of April. That is the real saying, the real danger. I asked all my students what today was and no one had a clue. Lucky kids.

I got it done and went to the pool. Having seen a birthday post by Melinda Menzer in #Swimstory, I decided to do 50 X 100. That was what she was doing to celebrate her 50th birthday, and since she invited others to join her, I did.

I swam them in blocks of ten with a different interval for each block. They went like this:

First ten @ 2:12 warm up
Second ten @ 1:53 heart rate set
Third ten @ 2:05 medium set
Fourth ten @ 1:59 heart rate set
Fifth ten @ 2:05 hang on set

After that, I swam 500 with small paddles for a total of 5,500 yards. A good day.

Back to the 100s. At first I thought to do them around 1:40. But my first one was in 1:34 and I never slowed up after that. I did one in 1:36, but the others were all around 1:31 to 1:33. The Garmin recorded the entire practice as at a 1:32 pace. That means I swam 5,000 yards at 1:32, which is a record for me. Usually, if I swim 5,000, at least 3,000 of that is at a pretty easy pace. Maybe this will pay off with a real fitness boost. If it does, I am sure to repeat this practice in the future.

We had Over 60s that night at Itta Bena Baptist, so the extra yardage was good to help me unfat some. I weighed in Tuesday morning at 172.4, down from 173.4 on Monday morning so it seems to have worked. It was too bad, however, that I did not get to do some lifting.

Thank you, Lord, for a good day and a strong practice in the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment