Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Monday

Since it was pouring rain all day Monday, Plate City was out of the question and so was my long needed return to running. All that was left was the pool. I swam with the flaws I saw on that video fresh in my mind. I tried to extend the right hand farther, keep the legs closer together, and to come off the wall in a more streamlined position. Did I accomplish my goals? I can't really know unless I get videoed again, but I am much more aware now and I'm trying to do better. 

At the tiny pool, I swam

1,200 21:15
4 X 50 (no second watch for my intervals)
1,200 21:08
400 small paddles
300 medium paddles
200 large paddles
150 agility paddles
100 medium paddles
50 medium paddles
2 X 50 25 breast/25 swim
300 small paddles
250 kick with fins
100 swim with fins
total swim: 4,300 yards = 3,930 meters + 250 kick with fins.

The water felt good, and the afterglow from Saturday's meet was still present in my heart. I thought about next year and how I want to be better by then, to swim faster. The whole time I was swimming, the rain was pulverizing the building. The sound was so soothing, I wanted to just hang out at the wall and listen. It was a good start on what I hope is a strong week of training. The final buildup for the Chicot Challenge starts now. Thank you, Lord Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment