Thursday, April 25, 2019

Wonderful Wednesday

I did it.

Again.

Three workouts in one day.

It went like this:

At 4:50 a.m. my alarm went off. In less than ten minutes, I was out the door shuffling towards Twin Rivers Recreational Center. Before 5:30, I was on the row machine. Monday I did three minutes. This time, I shuffled a little farther and rowed four minutes. I love the way that thing makes my muscles feel. It is an aerobic workout for the antagonistic muscles of my swimming set. Not only that, but it hits the rear deltoid pretty hard, and that one is actually a prime mover in swimming freestyle. After I shuffled home, the journal looked like this:

1.33
row - 4:00
1.3
total: 2.6

I will not run again until Saturday when I do the 5K in Kosciusko. 

After work, I went to Plate City. My back yard gym is wonderful in the sunshine. I did a whole lot of stuff while I mowed the back lawn. This stuff included squats, dead lifts, pull ups, the Swim Pull, one-arm bent rows, lat pull downs, cleans, and rotator cuff work. I then went inside for a bath and some nutrition.

Penny and I drove to Carroll County after she came home from work. I had seen an add for a couple of acres on 430, and I wanted to look at the property. It didn't really have a good place to build a house, so we thanked the owner and left. Then it was time to go to town for workout number three.

At the pool, I swam

1,000
200 3:01
1,000
150 2:11
1,000
100 1:27
1,000
50
1,050
total: 5,550 yards = 5,072 meters.

Before I finished the last 1,000, my students showed up. Yeah, it was a long day. But when I had them swim from one end of the pool to the other, I was pleasantly surprised that they looked 1,000 times better than last week. 

Our lessons are supposed to last thirty minutes. After an hour, I asked, "Whose mom is picking up?"

"I am supposed to text when we finish," Johnny said.

Glad I asked. I left the pool a 9:00 p.m.

So it was a long and full day. This morning I weighed in at 168.4. That is my second to lowest in almost two years. I will go lower, much lower. 

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment