Saturday, April 20, 2019

Long Day Friday

I can't tell you how tired I was when I got home Thursday night. Spring-time allergies have been kicking my hinder parts and preventing me from resting well at night. When I got up to use the bathroom Friday morning, I found that I was alone in the house. Penny had already gone to work, and I didn't hear her leave, or get up, or do anything. Later she told me that she tried to be quiet so as not to wake me. Good job, Babe, and thank you. It was about 8:15. Usually, if I sleep late on Friday, I wake up around 7:00. That is only thirty minutes longer than when I go to work, but normally that half an hour is gold. I still felt tired getting up at 8:15. It was a tough night for me. Every time I coughed, I woke up. I always went back to sleep, but I woke up over and over.

I ate some Raisin Bran, left a little milk in the bowl for the cats, and got coffee. After that I did a blog post, studied some for Sunday, and began to get ready to go to the pool. Fridays are simple. I swim. I swim straight though without sets. I swim long. Before the pool, however, I went to the recycle bins to dump our stuff. Then it was on to the pool where I just swam and swam and swam. The total was 9,300 yards. I would have gone further, but I keep forgetting to grease my underarms. Around 7,000 yards and I begin to get a little chaffing. I most likely would have gone a full three hours instead of the 2:51:26 I quit on. But I upped my time around 9,000 and wanted to beat last week's 9250 by at least 50 yards.

For the week, that takes me up to 27,076 meters. One more swim, and I will likely break 30,000 for the week. That's real training right there. I don't care who you are.

Praise God for good health, good opportunities, and a good church.

No comments:

Post a Comment