Thursday, April 11, 2019

Three in the Middle

I finally did a three workout day just in time for the middle of the week. It started in the pool where I swam

2,300 41:28 (1:47)
6 X 50 @ :55
500 small paddles
total: 3,100 yards = 2,833 meters

I got out of the pool early again because I needed to go see Bob Knight and file our taxes. When I walked into his office, he shook my hand and said, "You're a day early."

Yeah, I'm a procrastinator. I usually do this on the 15th. 

Then I went home and rested a bit. I didn't feel like working out. There is no way I could have done a crossfit type of workout because I did not have the energy or the drive. There is also no way I would have gotten into my truck and driven to a gym. Having Plate City at a time like this is invaluable. I have so much equipment and it is so conveniently located outside my back door, that I am ashamed not to work out even if I don't want to.

I slowly strolled out back and tried to find some motivation. I started warming up with some rotator cuff stuff and then moved to some light lifting. I did lat pull downs, T-bar rows, pullups, and the Swim Pull. When I knew I was getting near the end of the lifting session, I determined to do one more set and then head over the fence. I have not run in two and a half weeks. So I hopped the fence and shuffle 1.06 miles. I haven't lost it all, but I lost a lot of it. At least the slide has stopped and that run will put a touch of fitness back into my legs. I need to squat. Maybe today. But I have to work late. We are in the week where one faculty member from our department has to work late each day. There are five of us and four days to work so someone is always off. It is never me who gets off, and I am always the one who has to work Thursday, our Friday. Funny how that works out.

Saturday Forrest and I are doing a ride in Tunica. If I can pull off all of that, I will be on the road back for some all-around fitness. But  no matter what else I do, I have to swim. Chicot is coming up, and there is no time to miss workouts.

Thank you, Lord, for the health and opportunity to play and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment