Friday, April 12, 2019

Friday

Fridays are for long runs, rides, and swims. Not only that, but they are for drinking coffee and hanging out with the cats. I didn't get much cat time today because I went to the pastors' breakfast. I enjoy these relishing the fellowship, the food, and the change up in my routine. But they make me get up earlier than I want to and they also take me away for the felines. Next Friday, I will stay at home.

After the breakfast, I went to the pool. The plan was simple, just swim. I just swam. I secretly hoped to go for three hours, but when I got in the high 7,000s, I began to tire both physically and mentally and facially. Huh?

Wearing a pair of goggles that long is an ordeal. At 9,100 I stopped to give my face a rest. Then I finished the swim wit 3 X 50, giving me two more face rests. Yeah, 3 X 50. I was tired. I wanted to go over the 2:45 I had done two weeks ago so I did 2:46. It took 650 more yards to get the extra minute. I swam pretty well, going 9,250 yards.

I went home, snacked a bit, and took a bath. I thought about lifting weights, but thinking was as far as I got. Tomorrow Forrest and I are going to Tunica for a bicycle ride. We are doing stuff together again. I love that. Thank you, Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment