Thursday, April 4, 2019

D - 3

It got real.

In a hurry.

It got real in a hurry.

I received an email from the Mississippi Senior Olympics that had the lane and heat assignments for Saturday's swim meet. Just looking at my name and the other names on the list made me nervous. I had to use the bathroom. Yeah, that nervous.

I didn't get to swim at all Tuesday, but I did swim Wednesday. It went like this:

1,200 warm up
4 X 50 @ :55
200 easy
4 X 50 @ :55
200 easy
total: 2,000 yards = 1,828 meters.

This practice left me feeling energetic and refreshed. I hope that carries over until Saturday.

I started packing my nutrition bag. I have some gels, creatine, cereal bars, a 5-Hour Energy, and a shake bottle. I need another 5-Hour Energy and some small bottles of Gatorade. As far as suits go, I don't know if I will change between events or not, but I am going to pack several. This is all new to me. I'll figure it out. 

Now, instead of nervous, I am excited. I look forward to getting to spend time with Penny, do some shopping, and riding. She, we, need the trip. Praise God that we get to take one.

No comments:

Post a Comment