Monday, August 17, 2020

8/10 - 8/16

This last training cycle was a disappointing week. I did not hit my goal of 20,000 meters in the water, and my running total was down, partly by design. Even the lifting took a hit because of Hades Week. It went like this.

Monday, I got in a good swim, going to the pool early and stroking for 5,600 straight meters. We had our convocation online starting at 10:00 and that gave me some time for the only day of the week. Also, I shuffled 3.43 miles and lifted weights.

Tuesday being back at work hit full force. I still managed to swim 3,200 meters since I did not have to drive to Moorhead. After work, I did my longish run of the week with an 8.08 mile effort. I did not lift, however, having done both push and pull Monday.

Wednesday I had to work in Moorhead so my swim was cut to 1,800 meters. For lifting and running, I did another version of my 5K Special, a 21 rep squat set followed immediately by an interval run  that included 2 X a half mile fast.

Thursday the swimming was a mere 2,100 meters, the running down to 3.19 miles, and the lifting an  abbreviated bench press session. 

Friday morning, I was too tired for the pool. When I got off work, however, the sleep in enabled me to lift some weights and take a 3.24 mile shuffle. Saturday, I trimmed it down to 1.32 miles of road work and a pretty big leg session at Plate City.

For the week, I

ran 21.47 miles,
lifted weights four times, and 
swam 12,700 meters.

That is not enough swimming to get me in the shape I need for Chicot. Maybe I can still pull it out. Help me, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment