Tuesday, August 25, 2020

A Miracle

They happen. Miracles. Monday morning I experienced one. 

I was standing on the deck of the Twin Rivers outdoor pool at 5:02 a.m. A car turned off a side street from behind Greenwood Market Place onto Barton and headed my way. Ten out of nine cars turn the opposite direction.

Yes, it was John. I guess he was afraid he couldn't get in so he came on time for the fourth occurrence in six years. It was a bonafide miracle. 

I swam 

1,100
6 X 200 @ 4:35
100 small paddles
total: 2,400 meters

Workout number one, done.

For my second workout, I shuffled 2.22 miles, much of it on the Yazoo River Trail. After I finished that, I went to Plate City. 

Ordinarily I do bench pressing on Monday. But since I missed my leg workout Saturday, I rolled it over until Monday and did ten sets of squats, two sets of leg extensions, and two sets each of seated and standing calf raises. That was three. They were real, they were good, and they were real good. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment