Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Back to Work

Monday was a decent day considering I had to go back to work. I started with a swim, beginning strokes before 6:00 a.m. I did a straight swim of 5,600 meters. This frustrated John because he wanted to race me, him running and me swimming. The swim took 2:15:37.

Then it was work, computers meetings. After I finally finished all of that, I took a short, easy run of 3.43 miles. It was hot, but I am taking heat pretty well. My pace is slow, but I am as acclimated as ever.

Because this is Hades week (the first week back always is), I did the full upper body instead of my usual push pull. That means I dropped some assistance moves. I even cut the bench press to three sets. The move has been towards less volume in the gym as I ramp up the yardage in the pool.

So day one is down and I pulled off three reasonable workouts. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment