Monday, August 24, 2020

8/17 - 8/23

It was a decent week but not a banner one. Monday I swam 1,300 meters before my first day of Fall 2020 classes. After a long day of work, I ran 4.05 miles and lifted weights.

Tuesday I had a little more time but still only managed 2,500 meters in the water. On the road I did 2.55 miles, and in the gym I did my pull workout. Wednesday, however, I did not get out of bed to swim. I was tired and thought sleeping in was a better use of my time. I did run the the afternoon for 4.47 miles.

Thursday I was roaring to get back into the water. I did 4,000 meters and still got to work early. In the afternoon, I lifted weights and shuffled a mere 1.2 miles.

Friday, I had to do some work, but I got to the pool as soon as possible and knocked out 6,800 meters, my longest long course swim of the year. Also, I lifted weights and ran 2.6 miles.

While I swam long Friday, I ran long Saturday. But before doing road work, however, I swam a short but intense 2,700 meters at Twin Rivers. When I left the house later in the day running, I let my legs dictate both the pace and the distance. I wound up going 14.33 miles, my longest run in about four years.

For the week, I 

lifted weights four times,
ran 29.2 miles, and 
swam 17,300 meters.

The 17,300 was not the 20,000 plus that I needed, but is got some quality swimming in and I had a longish swim in addition to that. The 29.2 on road was good. All in all, it was an acceptable week of training. Now I need to overdo that this week.

Thank you, Jesus, for a good cycle of Chicot training.

No comments:

Post a Comment